Your test for Orange II will mark the final test in the beginner level of Tang Soo Do. Your belt will now have two stripes sewn on at a 45 degree angle. By this point you should have mastered your basic stances, know the rules of the dojang, and be more comfortable executing your basic techniques.
The following are your requirements for promotion to Orange II Belt:
- BLOCKS: Low, High, X-Block (Low/High) – From a front stance Out-in, In-out, Chops (Low, Middle, High) – From a back stance.
- KICKS: Front Snap, Jump front snap (front & back legs), Crescent (Out-in/In/out) From a front stance.
- Double roundhouse (same area), Reverse kick, Spinning crescent – From a back stance.
- ONE STEPS: Five one steps; two must be take-downs.
- FORMS: Palgue Hyungs 1, 2, and 3.
- SPARRING: At least 3 times, with grading based on Defense, Control, & Technique.